Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Hello, World

Welcome to my blog!

I have thought about blogging for a few years now, but I have never had the courage to do it.  From the age of ten I have loved writing down my thoughts, activities, struggles, joys, and ideas in my journals, but I have always considered the internet to be too public a place to share one's personal thoughts and struggles.  I do not know where this urge to share publicly has come from, and I do not really know what I hope to accomplish from this blog.  I know nothing about blogging, but I am willing to learn, so here we go!

As the title of the blog suggests, my theme will be learning to trust God.  I feel that this is the single greatest lesson I must learn right now in my own life and faith-walk, and I hope that this blog might be of benefit to me in my relationship with God.  If it can help anyone else along the way, that would be wonderful.  I have always hated those blogs, Facebook posts, or other public rants where people complain about all the negative things in their life.  I am firmly resolved that this blog should never become a place like that.  My goal is that each post, while it may contain stories of struggles, will also highlight hope, peace and joy that can be found in Christ even during the hardest of times.  No matter how sorry I may feel for myself, or conversely no matter how happy I may be, the focus should always be on Jesus Christ, what He has done for me, and how I can best serve Him in my present situation.  I hope and pray that my life may reflect that truth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment