Monday, April 22, 2013

14 Weeks

I entered the 2nd trimester on Thursday! I can't express how relieved and how much better I feel to be past that 14 week mark. Today I am 14 weeks, 4 days, and I am loving being pregnant! I mean... sure it's uncomfortable sometimes and I'm tired a lot, but I have never been happier or more excited about the future.

On Saturday Jonathan and I were at the mall, and we went to look at the baby things in the department store together for the first time. Oh. My. Goodness. Baby clothes are so very cute! We were hoping to find something adorable and gender-neutral that we could buy the baby, but we didn't see a single item of clothing we thought was truly gender neutral. They were all either too feminine for HIS son, or not adorable enough for our daughter. I am more excited and anxious than ever to find out if we're having a girl or a boy now, so that I can run back to the store and buy something adorable for him/her.

(On an only slightly related note - what is up with the baby outfits that have little smarty sayings on them? Do parents really think it is cute to brag about how attractive they are, how much their kid loves them, etc. by putting messages on their baby? Or maybe I just don't understand. I can't help thinking that clothes with messages on them are tacky, but then that could just be me. I don't have any message T's myself, so that could just be my own style preference. I do feel like it's especially awkward when it's on a baby though, since they so clearly didn't pick it out themselves!)

I have a confession to make - although I've known that I am pregnant for close to three months now, I've still had to work hard at trusting God. My blog is called "Learning to Trust" for a reason, and it is not time to re-name it yet. It is such a process, and I know that it is something that I will be working on my whole life. Even after I found out that God had answered my every prayer and blessed me in this incredible way, I still worried. I worried that something would go wrong, or that the baby wouldn't make it. I felt that it was too good to be true, and I waited for the catch. It was very hard to go in a day or so from feeling that this would never happen to knowing that it had. Now that I'm through the first trimester, it is obviously easier for me to not worry and to trust God that everything will be okay.

I am so glad that God is forgiving, always there for me, and full of grace. I know that throughout life there will always be opportunities to grow in my ability to trust Him. I know I'll never get there, but hopefully with His help, I'll continue to get closer.

2 comments:

  1. God is good!

    You're so funny about the clothes! I bought something that will fit boy or girl. After Jonathan told us about the baby, I bought a pair of U of M socks - I can't wait to see your child in maize and blue! It's getting exciting! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course maize and blue is gender-neutral! But they don't sell that particular color combo here! So we definitely appreciate you helping us out in that all-so-important clothing area! :)

      Delete